TNPSC VAO Exam which is in Group 4 of TNPSC, Here below is the complete VAO Exam Syllabus.
Topics for Objective type
UNIT-I GENERAL SCIENCE
UNIT-II. CURRENT EVENTS
UNIT- III. GEOGRAPHY
UNIT – IV. HISTORY AND CULTURE OF INDIA AND TAMIL NADU
UNIT-V. INDIAN POLITCS
UNIT-VI. INDIAN ECONOMY
UNIT-VI. INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT
UNIT-VII. APTITUDE & MENTAL ABILITY TESTS
Basics of Village Administration
Topics for Objective Type:-
1. The role, functions duties and responsibilities of a Village Administrative Officer in
VILLAGE and REVENUE ADMINISTRATION.
[Questions may be on topics including VAOs role in assisting the police, reporting
birth and death, implementing various schemes of the Government,
recommending / furnishing inputs for income, Community, Destitute Widow,
Marital Status, Patta and other adhoc and miscellaneous certificates]
2. Records of revenue administration dealt with or handled by the VAO including ‘A’
Register, Patta, Chitta Adangal etc.
3. Accounts maintained and furnished by the VAO at the end of every FASLI YEAR.
4. Basic Principles / Information relating to classification of lands.
5. Basic information on rates of assessment and annual revenue collection
6. Basic information on forms of irrigation of land including those belonging to the
7. Jamabandi-object, Officers in charge of conduct, time of completion of
Jamabandi, scrutiny of inspection work, correction of pattas, issue of new patta,
disposal of jamabandi check memo, closing of Village and Taluk Accounts, Village
Statistical Registers, inspection of Karnams instruments maps and Registers (RSO-
12) scrutiny of accounts relating to Panachayat revenue.
8. Role of VAO during calamities
9. Basic information relating to assignment of lands / house sites in Villages and
10. Grant of lands for cattle or dairy farms
11. Levy of rents (Ground Rent / Quit Rent) etc.,
12. Exemption from land revenue.
13. Unauthorised occupation of Government land basic information about Land
Encroachment Act 1905. Memorandum ‘A’, Memorandum ‘B’ etc.
14. Title of lands (RSO 27) form, renewal, issue and entry of joint names in patta
15. Rights and obligations of Ryotwari holder.
16 Procedure relating to conduct of inquiries in relation to age, marital status,
17. Procedures relating to entering particulars into maintaining and issuing extracts of
Adangal, Chitta and other revenue Registers.
18. Basic principles of and procedures involved in survey, sub-division of a survey field
and knowledge of Field Management Book.
19. VAO’s role in enforcing the fundamental duties of a citizen under article 51A (g) of
the Indian Constitution to protect and improve the natural environment including
forests, lakes, rivers and wild life and to have compassion for living creatures”.
20. Direct Revenue collections made under various heads by the VAO.
21. Specific duties during festivals and common Village functions
22. Basic information about Revenue Recovery Act
23. Basic information relating to forest lands and resources.
24. Basic information about sale of sandalwood and other valuable tress
25. Basic information relating to Adivasis / Tribals and the role of a VAO in extending
special protection and support of the Government to them.
Don’t forget to comment, like and share this page to your friends and family members.
Let us know if you need any more help regarding TNPSC VAO Exam Syllabus.