TNPSC Announced the recruitment details for Librarian, District Library Officer and Assistant Librarian Posts.
TNPSC Librarian Job
Librarian Job Notification Advertisement No:- 484.
District Library Officer Advertisement date:- 21.11.2017.
Online Application Registration starting from 21.11.2017.
Online Application End Date:- 20.12.2017.
Last date for Fee Remittence:- 22.12.2017.
Date of Examination:- 24.02.2018
Exams & Papers
Exam Date : 24.02.2018
Paper I Library Science | Main 10.00 to 01.00 pm
Paper II General Studies | 02.30 to 04.30 pm
Posts : College Librarian, District Library Officer (DLO) & Assistant Librarian and Information Officer.4
Basic Pay 15600 Academic Grade Pay 6000 plus allowances in Pay Band III category.
Basic Pay 57700 plus allowances in Pay Matrix Level 24.
Post Graduate Degree in Library and Information Science / Documentation Science / Information Science with UGC NET / SET / SLET certification or PhD
District Library Officer
Job Location:- (DLO) in Department of Public Libraries
- Basic Pay 15600 Grade Pay 5400 plus allowances in Pay Band III category.
- Basic Pay 56100 plus allowances in Pay Matrix Level 22.
Post Graduate Degree in Library and Information Science / Documentation Science / Information Science.
Assistant Librarian and Information Officer
- (ALIO) for Anna Centenary Library Kotturpuram Chennai:-
- Basic Pay 9300 Grade Pay 4700 plus allowances in Pay Band II category.
- Basic Pay 36700 plus allowances in Pay Matrix Level 17
Post Graduate Degree in any subject and Post Graduate Degree in Library and Information Science / Documentation Science / Information Science
- 01.07.2017 Minimum age limit is 18 years (should have completed) for all.
- No maximum age limit for BC / BCM / MBC / DNC / SC / SCA / ST candidates and Destitute Widow of all communities, includes UR.
- Maximum age limit is 30 years for (should not have competed) for UR candidates (except destitute widow) and Persons with Disabilities will get additional 10 years relaxation.
Two papers in MCQ type of examination.
Paper I : Core main subject Total 200 MCQs ; each questions will carry 1.5 marks ; Total 300 marks.
Paper II : General Studies (Degree Std Level) 75 MCQs ; Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (10th Std Level) 25 MCQs.
There is no negative marking system.
Examination will be conducted in all major cities in Tamil Nadu
- Cut off date for educational qualification 21.11.2017
- Cut off date for age 01.07.2017
- One Time Registration Fee Rs.150 (valid for 5 years)
- TNPSC Official Telephone Number (044) 2533 2833 / 2533 2855.
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to apply through online mode of registration on or before the last date.
Notification and Examination Syllabus Online Application Form http://tnpscexams.net
Please like and share this job to your friends and family members if you liked this TNPSC Librarian Job Notification.